[ase-users] Hybrid calculator

Olga Lopez-Acevedo olga.lopez.acevedo at aalto.fi
Fri Feb 8 08:58:18 CET 2013

Hi,

We have recently finished a calculator that allow the mixing of any two
calculators with interface in ASE. The mixer is in a stable version,
well tested and freely available in github. You can take a look at

https://github.com/csmm/multiase
http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.2075

The new calculator accepts in fact any number of calculators to be
attached and the weights can be defined by the user. In the examples we
have used the substractive method ONIOM. For selecting regions two
methods are now implemented, by using atom index or by defining a box
region. We are discussing right now which additive mixing strategies to
add (electrostatic embedding, capping bonds ...?) Most of the
developments should be ready by the end of the summer.

The use of lammps may be more involved, depending on the force fields
you are interested to use. We have also there a lammps-ase interface but
the code will still evolve this semester, also there still some tests to
implement.

Best,

Olga