[ase-users] Pulling out data from NEB

Jesper Toft Rasmussen jestr at nanotech.dtu.dk
Mon Feb 11 12:38:46 CET 2013

Hi Jens Jørgen,

Sorry for not replying earlier, but now I have finally tested what you said. It is indeed the forces which are different for the two cases.
I have included some MatLAB plots showing the force components for all 25 atoms in my system. (Only a single image in my neb has been shown here, by the same trend is apparent in all images).

The deviation plot is the abs difference between the forces obtained by the GUI and my script. As you can see, it is quite high for certain atoms.
These are exactly my constrained atoms: the corner carbon atoms and a single hydrogen atom.

So, if I understand this correctly: My script sets the forces to zero for constrained atoms, but the GUI does not?
How should I fix this so that I obtain the correct forces to input in my NEB calculation?

Best regards

Jesper Toft Rasmussen

PhD student

DTU Nanotech