[ase-users] Update to IUPAC 2016 elemental weights - discussion

Tristan Maxson tgmaxson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:37:18 CET 2016

I have been watching this issue for a while,  even if the values are
updated I believe we should keep the old values around for backwards
compatibility.  A environment variable could also be available for picking
a default set if need be (defaulting to the most recent).  This would help
with keeping consistent values during a project without having to modify
all of the scripts if a new version of GPAW is being used (either out of
need or wanting to simply use up to date software).  This could also be
useful for changing default sets for people that have different needs
(average isotope vs most common).

ASE_ISOTOPES=IUPAC-Nov2016

Thank you,
Tristan Maxson