[gpaw-users] [gpaw-developers] Basis sets for new setups

Ask Hjorth Larsen asklarsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 12:52:57 CEST 2013

Hi Peter

(Let's keep all communication on the list, cc'ed).

2013/4/25 Peter Klüpfel <peter.kluepfel at gmail.com>:
> Hi Ask,
>
> sorry for bothering you, but I think you are just the most competent person
> on this field and it is just so much easier asking you compared to digging
> through the HGH code:
>
> I am trying to create very simple PP of HGH type (just one non-local
> projector, quadratic local potential within cutoff radius) for time
> dependent calculations. I remember that you worked on the HGH PPs a while
> ago.
>
> First thing that came to my mind is to directly adjust the hgh_parameters.py
> file, but I guess there is a more elegant way to derive a class or create an
> instance of such HGH setup in a python script directly.
>
> Do you have any ideas or examples how to do this?
>
> cheers
>    Peter

Right, the correct way is to import some files and specify one's own.
There's approximately one class too much involved in this due to
various technicalities, but this is how:

from gpaw.hgh import HGHParameterSet
from gpaw.setup_data import SetupData

parameters = HGHParameterSet(....) # see comments in hgh.py
s = SetupData(parameters)
calc = GPAW(setups={species: s})

There's a slightly rudimentary plot function somewhere in the hgh
module as well.

Regards
Ask