[gpaw-users] Units of DOS

Ask Hjorth Larsen asklarsen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:07:48 CET 2017

Hi

It seems to me that the behaviour is correct:

http://dcwww.camd.dtu.dk/~askhl/files/ag-dos-size-consistency.py
http://dcwww.camd.dtu.dk/~askhl/files/ag-dos-size-consistency.png

This compares the DOS of 1-atom Ag bulk and 8-atom Ag bulk with
correspondingly halved k-point sampling.

The two graphs are identical if the DOS of the larger system is scaled
down by a factor of 8 (this is what the plot shows).

The area below the graph is equal to the number of bands used in the
calculation.

How did you manage to get the exact same result in spite of changing
the size of one of the systems?

Best regards
Ask