[ase-users] Calculator interface proposal

Bálint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Fri Feb 15 11:59:15 CET 2013

Dear Jens Jørgen,

> I think the proposal is almost there now.  There is also an
> implementation of the base-classes that has been tested on the EMT,
> NWChem, Abinit and GPAW calculators.

Is there any way in the proposed scheme, to write the input for a given
calculator *without* actually doing the calculation? I could think of a
scenario where this could be useful:

* Inputs are generated via ASE on the local machine.

* Prepared inputs are copied to a remote machine and/or submitted to a
queue system using an external script.

* Once the calculation is done (and result files are present), one  uses
the ASE framework to process/evaluate them again.

  Best regards,

  Bálint

--
Dr. Bálint Aradi