[ase-users] Vibrational calculation with VASP/ASE

John Kitchin jkitchin at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 19 16:01:30 CET 2013

I thought of a way you could achieve what you asked for in this email. You
can subclass the Vasp calculator, and add whatever post analysis you want.
Here is an example of doing that, where I added code to parse the OUTCAR
and count the number of ionic and electronic iterations. A warning message
is printed if the max in either case is reached. You could make an
exception get raised instead.

http://jkitchin.github.com/blog/2013/02/19/Subclassing-an-ase.calculators.vasp-calculator-to-do-post-analysis/

I hope that helps!